In this article, we will discuss how to clean projects in Eclipse IDE
To clean projects in Eclipse IDE:
Go to Menu option –> Select Project –> click Clean…
Note: The same can also be achieved by clicking CTRL + S (save) simultaneously in Eclipse IDE
Clicking Clean options in Eclipse IDE provides 2 options, which allows to select desired projects to be cleaned, as explained with screen-capture in the below examples.
Clean projects options in Eclipse IDE:
- Clean all projects –> cleans all projects in work-space
- Clean projects selected below –> cleans only one selected project using radio button
What is the main functionality behind cleaning the projects ?
- It simply removes all .class
- Recompiles all Java files w.r.t Java projects
- And resolves any errors being shown with red-cross mark, if it’s appropriate type-dependency or reference-type are available
Happy Coding !!
Happy Learning !!